[sumo] Pleasant surprise

Lynn Matsuoka artist at aloha.net
Thu Dec 17 09:26:16 EST 2009

SWEET, NE?

Lynn

> Hi folks,
>
> This morning as I was on Ryogoku station platform I saw none other than
> Kyokutenzan, looking large, fit,  and otherwise much the same as he was
> when he had his private haircut and left for Germany. I said in
> Japanese "Welcome back!" and he slowly looked down (to about half his
> height) and said the equivalent of  "Oh - I can't believe this!" We
> chatted amicably until the Chiba-bound train arrived and he got on it:
> I was going the opposite way, to central Tokyo, to my work. He said the
> guys had got back from the jungyo the day before and he had been
> drinking with them till late. I can certainly relate to that....
>

> Doreen Simmons
>   jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp

* HOLIDAY ART GIFTS from the STUDIO! *
See the new LYNN MATSUOKA STUDIO art gift site with Equestrian, Sumo,
Kabuki, and other images on 2010 calendars and affordable gifts for
the Holidays!

www.cafepress.com/sumoartist

For complimentary customizing with your logo or name, please contact the
studio!

CNN reported on the artist: “Few artists so completely dominate their
field that their name becomes synonymous with the subject matter, but Lynn
Matsuoka has succeeded in capturing the essence of Sumo and has won a
loyal following along the way”

Her artwork is in corporate and private collections around the world
Web  sites :
http:// www.traditions.jp & www.hamptonsartist.com
Tel USA 808-479-5966 / NY studio 631-537-5237

 *****