[sumo] Pleasant surprise

Doreen Simmons jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp
Thu Dec 17 08:08:54 EST 2009

Hi folks,

This morning as I was on Ryogoku station platform I saw none other than
Kyokutenzan, looking large, fit,  and otherwise much the same as he was
when he had his private haircut and left for Germany. I said in
Japanese "Welcome back!" and he slowly looked down (to about half his
height) and said the equivalent of  "Oh - I can't believe this!" We
chatted amicably until the Chiba-bound train arrived and he got on it:
I was going the opposite way, to central Tokyo, to my work. He said the
guys had got back from the jungyo the day before and he had been
drinking with them till late. I can certainly relate to that....

Doreen Simmons
  jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp