[sumo] (really early spoiler??) Chiyotaikai Kyujo

Harold E. Shaver hal6671 at aim.com
Mon Apr 13 19:07:41 EDT 2009

Over on Sumo Forum on Apr 10, Moti Dichne reported:
"Chiyotaikai has a fractured rib-two weeks to heal, and is out of the Haru
Jungyo. Add that to his "left side pain" and sudden high sugar levels, the
reasons given for his 2-13 performance in Haru, and we should call Houston."

I remember about 20 years or so ago when I was about 38-39 I had a
motorcycle accident that cracked a couple of my ribs, gave me assorted road
rash and a few bruises.  I had a water bed at the time and I couldn't sleep
in it for 2 months as the pain of getting into and out of it was extreme.  I
can't even imagine doing sumo with cracked ribs. Of course it IS
approximately 2 months from the 2nd day of Haru til the 1st day of Natsu BUT
I can't see much keiko in the meantime at least not of any quality.

Hal "Chisaiyama" Shaver

小さな山