[sumo] (really early spoiler??) Chiyotaikai Kyujo

Jim Bitgood Jimbit2 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 13 17:50:34 EDT 2009

In an article on the Yomiuri Shimbun Japanese-language website dated
April 10, there is a story that Chiyotaikai as a (1 or more, Japanese
is a little unclear with numbers) broken left rib. Apparently, he got
hurt on Day 2 in his match with Kyokutenhou in Osaka. The last
sentence seems to say that Chiyo took off from the Yasukuni Shrine
sumo. It also says the recovery should be about 2 weeks. Seems to me
that it's been nearly two weeks now since the Haru Basho ended.
I remember when my father got a cracked rib while working at a
sawmill. I think it took more than a couple weeks for him to recover
from that. Of course he was older then than Chiyo is now. Should we
look for kyujo or intai before Day 1 of Natsu?

         Jim
         "Chitose-Taikai"