[sumo] Ise Jingu question

Doreen Simmons jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp
Fri Apr 10 09:35:17 EDT 2009

Now I have the whole answer, thanks to a lurker who sent me a private
mail. Tickets for the actual sumo bouts are sold, in advance and at the
gate, but are, by sumo standards, rock-bottom, and one price for adults
and another for kids. Now all I have to do is ask my friends in the
Kyokai office: is the paid part counted as a jungyo or is it all
hono-zumo? Nobody is paying me to know, but a blank space, however
tiny, niggles me till it's in order.

Doreen who worked till 8:20 (but it was interesting work with good
people) and will shortly be calling it a day.

Note to Huzayomama: Thanks, but don't overdo it, kid. ;-) In my book,
you are the heroine, playing the hand life has dealt you.

Doreen

On 2009/04/10, at 9:07, Sumocypher at aol.com wrote:

> There is no charge. The grounds are open and there are just security
> people
>  to keep you at a moderate distance when the Yokozuna do their
> dohyo-iri.
> Some  wonderful photos can be gotten as they come over the bridge with
> the
> rest of the  sekitori and while the dohyo-iri are performed. You are
> free to
> walk anywhere,  except within the shrine itself's grounds when the
> photos are
> taken of the  Yokozuna and the shinto priests, after the yokozuna
> change
> into their formal  dress.
>
> Of course, I believe there is a charge to watch the actual sumo during
> the
> Jingu jungyo:-) , but since I was with a friend who took care of the
> arrangements, I really don't know about that.
>
> I hope that was useful and answered what you were asking.
>
> 0
Doreen Simmons
  jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp