[sumo] Tokyo Sumo in May

Jeffrey Anderson jeffand at regent.edu
Tue Apr 7 09:37:07 EDT 2009

I had a friend check out the Pearl chain for me yesterday. All rooms are smoking rooms, so if you prefer a non-smoking room - like I do - then don't book at The Pearl.  Here are a couple other places that speak English and have non-smoking rooms:

http://www.hotellungwood.com/english.html

My wife and I are staying at the Lungwood in June. It is right by Nippori Station on the Yamanote Line

http://www.kkr-hotel-tokyo.gr.jp/english/access/index.html

This one - KKR - is near Tokyo station and is right beside the Imperial Palace grounds. There is a subway station right next to it.

Want cheap with a true Japanese experience? Try the Kimi Ryokan in Ikebukuro on the Yamanote Line. My wife and kids and I have stayed there in the past and have had a blast. However, at 62, my wife doesn't want to sleep on a futon anymore.

http://www.kimi-ryokan.jp/

How about a hostel right in central Tokyo? Try http://www.sakura-hostel.co.jp/

Hope this all helps.

Best regards,