[sumo] SekiToto log in problem

Jeanne Hedge jhedge at rcn.com
Thu Jul 24 21:53:10 EDT 2008

At 02:02 PM 7/23/08, troeti wrote:
>Hallo!
>
>>In summary, you email your daily pick to  sekitoto (at) gmx (dot)
>>net (make the appropriate changes in that address).  Put your
>>shikona and the day in the subject line.  The Juryo and Makuuchi
>>schedules for the day can be found any number of places. I like the
>>NSK's English-language site for this: http://sumo.goo.ne.jp/eng/index.html
>
>That doesnt work too. My wife (troetibono) sent the picks to
>sekitoto (at) gmx (dot) net
>- but they were not accepted and she got a loss. Sekitori-Toto was
>once one of my favorite games, but now i am considering to retire
>because of the various outages. (I am trying about 20 times a day to
>log in ...)

I've had to email my pics 2-3 times now without any problem of
acceptance or the result eventually displaying.

But how would you know if emailed picks were accepted?  There's no
automatic acceptance notice mailed out like there is via the usual
route.  Also, the results have to be entered by hand by the game
moderator, so they may not be updated yet if and when results come
online. The game moderator is having the same trouble accessing the
server as everyone else is, so sometimes there may bean even longer
lag for emailed results.

Regards,
Jeanne Hedge