[sumo] Nobody here in Nagoya?

JZ8D-SMMN at asahi-net.or.jp JZ8D-SMMN at asahi-net.or.jp
Sat Jul 19 09:31:05 EDT 2008

Amazing! I was in the Taiikukan virtually the whole of Day 7 and saw not
one person I knew -- apart from the sumo people, of course, who have to be there.

All the foreigners were total strangers. There was one man with a fairly small boy who broke a number of rules for sunakaburi behavior, but got off with two admonitions
and was allowed to continue sitting in the front row.
They seem to be going easy on people showing genuine interest. Hope it doesn't end when a small child gets dropped on because it doesn't have the wit to get out of the way of
falling rikishi.
Doreen Simmons
jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp