[sumo] [spoiler] Day 5 Controversial Musubi No Ichiban

Scott Kahn smk1 at columbia.edu
Thu Jul 17 18:03:59 EDT 2008

In watching the bout as it unfolded, Asashoryu appeared to have some
difficulty with his footing as he was moving, even though he was
countering Tochinonada's throw attempts pretty well.  He may be favoring
his ankle, as Moti had informed prior to the start of the basho.

While the decision to forego a rematch is debatable, for better or
worse, it may have the effect of forcing Asashoryu to go kyujo if he
loses again today or tomorrow.

Sukubidubidu