[sumo] [Spoiler] Video... Contributions

Scott Kahn smk1 at columbia.edu
Mon Jul 14 12:58:37 EDT 2008

This is a good time for an unsolicited shout out for voluntary donations
to the sumo mailing list!

Our host does wonderful work to keep the SML alive, and I am sure he
would welcome any contributions that would deflect his costs.  On a
personal note, without the SML, Daughter and Wife of Sukubidubidu and I
would be much poorer for not having had the opportunity to meet fellow
sumo fans, in person and on line, and we are very appreciative.

The problem with info-sumo is that its call for donations came in lieu
of the video reposts of the most important final matches.  This
prevented viewers from seeing bouts they had geared up to see.  And, it
came without any warning.  I don't think poeple are upset about dropping
a few dollars to support the site, more that they feel emotionally
squeezed and blindsided and angry at the way it was handled.

Imagine how you would feel if you received a message from the SML that
you could not read about any of the Sanyaku bouts unless you donated to
the site.

Sukubidubidu