[sumo] [Spoiler] Video - last three bouts of day 1

Tetsuonoumi wcb at BostonDynamics.com
Mon Jul 14 11:46:51 EDT 2008

Marc-

         I sympathize with what info-sumo felt it needed to do.  I
have no problem with them making a decision to alter how they run
their website.  But, for me, following sumo has always been free, and
once it starts costing me money I'll probably stop following, even
though I have been following sumo since 1997.  Getting video of the
ongoing basho is critical for following...so I hope I can find some
way of continuing my enjoyment of sumo.

         FWIW - there are a lot of sites that start up free due to a
love for something, but after a while the love wears off and the
costs build up.  I never asked info-sumo to offer free video in the
past, it was just something they did.  And I was most
appreciative!  But there always is something funny to me about people
who offer free stuff and then later on change their mind...and act
like people like me now owe them something or are cheap for not
complying.  Indeed, in your message, you imply that I "assume that
info-sumo can afford the cost"...when did I do that?  This was all
their idea, not mine.

         BTW - when a "contribution" is obligatory it is no longer a
contribution or donation, it is a fee.

         So again, anyone know of other places to find video of the
current basho?  Or sneaky ways to retrieve the video from the
info-sumo site? ;-)

                 -Tetsuonoumi