[sumo] [SPOILER] Possible Intai?

Clay Holden cholden at kappa-joe.com
Sat Jan 19 23:37:30 EST 2008

One thing I haven't seen anyone else mention thus far is that as long as
Chiyotaikai stays in this basho clearly unable to compete, he is effectively
skewing the win/loss stats, as every rikishi he is scheduled to meet on the
dohyo is virtually guaranteed a win, irrespective of how they might do under
other circumstances.

And therefore at least one set of win/loss records for this basho have been
determined solely by which rikishi the kyokai chose to match him against.

If I'm missing something that voids this observation, please enlighten me.

Best regards,

Clay