[sumo] Shimotori Injured?

Jeanne Hedge jhedge at rcn.com
Sun Jan 13 17:41:22 EST 2008

Shimoootori twisted his right buttocks (to thigh) in his win over
Takamisakari today. "As I pushed him out he twisted me again (like we
did last summer) and it felt numb", said Shicowbird. He left straight
to the KK medical center. He could hardly walk. A decision will be
made tomorrow morning. His chronic ailment returns unfortunately.

thanks to Kintamayama!

There's nothing on the NSK website about him withdrawing, but as I
type this it's only 7:40 AM in Tokyo - maybe a bit too early for such
announcements.

Regards,
Jeanne Hedge