[sumo] A Happy Hatsubasho! to you all.

sumo at paketjapan.com sumo at paketjapan.com
Fri Jan 11 07:21:23 EST 2008

Welcome back Abe-san!

The first form of this mail list started in May 1993.

So yes, this list will be 15 years old in May this year.

You are also correct in that early members of this list included one
famous Yahoo founder with servers named Akebono and Konishiki housed
at Stanford.

Over the years there have been many famous, infamous and not so famous
but multi-talented and endlessly generous, plus many lurker only
members. All have in some way contributed to enhancing the Sumo
experience for those that want to source or discuss this information
in English.

With the evolution of the internet and computer technology there are
many more ways to experience Sumo today from most places in the world
with just an internet connection than existed in 1993, however a
single daily digest of this list is still the best fit for me when I
get the time to indulge my Sumo passion.

Personally, I have made many real and virtual friends over the years
through this list, allowing many great experiences in Sumo and travel
that otherwise would not have been available.

To all mail list members past & present, cheers and all the best for 2008.

Pete