[sumo] A Happy Hatsubasho! to you all.

Lon Howard itsulon at wavecable.com
Thu Jan 10 19:49:19 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 4:07 PM, max wrote:

> Thank you all for the warm "welcome back" message. I'm glad to know
> that I haven't been a forgotten toshiyori, yet.
>
> If I remember collectly, this ML has been in the existance for 15
> years, or this could be the 15th year of existance.
>
> Yahoo! founders were among us, from their famous workstation (SUN)
> terminals of Akebono and Konishiki at Stanford Univ.
>
> I wonder when this ML started, anyone?

The archives (http://www.banzuke.com/ArchiveIndex.html) show the
oldest month to be May 1994.  In looking at the list of contributors
on the very first page, the only name I recognized was Chris Basten,
who started the SML, I think (could be wrong about that, though).  So
we would be in the 14th year right now, if these records are complete.

Lon Howard
Shomishuu