[sumo] [off topic -- but then it's quiet around here], Israel Kamakawiwo'ole Song link location

Larry Piper piper at psicorp.com
Thu Jan 3 14:10:03 EST 2008

Doreen:
"1) The link refuses to work.

2) Vera Lynn was old--fashioned when she was singing (or is this
somebody different? I can't identify the song)"

I think one of the charms of Vera Lynn might have been that by
being old-fashioned, she reminded people of better times: the
times that were before the war, and the better times to come once
the British people's steadfastness prevailed against the Nazis.

The classic version of the song, of course, is Judy Garland in
the "Wizard of Oz".  Personally, I prefer the Iz Kamakawiwo'ole
and JD Justice versions. Sorry the latter link didn't work for
you, Doreen.  It does for me.