[OT]My last post to the mailing list. This is going to be long (was... RE: [sumo] OT: Very bad news

cfinberg at gmail.com cfinberg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 03:53:06 EST 2008

Divided by a common language,
http://www.riverdeep.net/current/2001/03/032001_language.jhtml, as
Shaw wrote (or should we attribute it to Churchill, whom Americans
credit with every non-Shakespearean aphorism?)  Actually, Shakespeare,
the Beatles, Dylan, the Bible, and Yogi Berra...that covers it. I'm
the only one who quotes Blake any more, around here.  And no one ever
quotes Lord Byron -- not even Shakespeare!

"Bolshy"?  The word has fallen into disuse. After some modest shifts
in Russian government, more threatening political factions have
emerged, especially to Russian journalists who eat sushi in London.

Did Orwell foretell everything?