[sumo] 20 straight losers

Hal Shaver hal6671 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 2 15:54:29 EST 2008

My personal thoughts on this is that quite likely Kotoshogiku will make Ozeki before Ama,
if indeed Ama ever does.  The Mongolians seem renowned for their use of vaious "techniques"
of questionable usage e.g. henka, inashi, ketaguri to name a few.  The interesting but possibly
career ending move Asasekiryu used on Ama for instance, even a trickster like Ama was caught
totally off-guard by that and for a bit he was having a hard time walking away.  Had he landed just
a little bit off it migh well have resulted in a career ending knee or leg injury.

Geeku is no stranger to the occasional henka either and certainly not a saint but that said he had
the better sumo body and I believe the better mind-set for progressing upward.  He has given
good account of himself these last 2 basho as komosubi even coming back and taking 9 after
being sidelined for 3 days by injury.  I don't necessarily see Yokozuna material though who knows?

Just my 2 yen worth.

Hal "Chisaiyama" Shaver