[sumo] Bad news for the London koen (OT by now)

JZ8D-SMMN at asahi-net.or.jp JZ8D-SMMN at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Dec 23 22:32:28 EST 2008

Ah, I see. Thanks for the information, but I have an answerphone. (I thought everybody had.)
Since I do not wish to be bothered by people who don't use e-mail, I have never activated that part of my fax machine.
When I get home from a long day's work, followed by a hard evening's play (pub band, play or choir rehearsal),
the last thing I feel like doing is to start answering strangers who have called while I was out.

If I wanted or needed to be  available at all times, I suppose I could carry my keitai and
tell selected people the number. As it is, it lies on my table at home unless I know I will be needing it during the day for some
special purpose.

>1471 was introduced many years ago in the UK as a way to come home, dial 1471
>on the phone and see which numbers had called in your absence.
>
>Particularly useful for those with no answerphone.
>
>Japan has a similar system, just can't recall the number at present as I have
>an answerphone.

Doreen Simmons
jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp