[sumo] Museum

Doreen Simmons jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp
Tue Dec 23 04:31:36 EST 2008

> Kokonoe Oyakata will be in charge of the Sumo Museum starting January
> 1st. He replaces former Taihou who resigned a while ago.

Ouch! Last time I saw him in the doorway to the Sumo Museum, Taiho
oyakata was in a wheel chair -- this is no surprise -- but the post
normally goes to the top man who has just retired as Rijicho -- this
would  be Kitanoumi oyakata. What's with giving it to a middle-aged and
very active oyakata? Is Kitanoumi being sidelined just because he had
this problem Russian?

Doreen Simmons
  jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp