[sumo] London jungyo/NOT?

Lynn Matsuoka artist at aloha.net
Mon Dec 22 10:19:34 EST 2008

> was it the JSA who made the announcement Lynn??I

I actually heard about it being clinched here on the list. I also was
looking forward to it, as  last time, I had a really good show at Royal
Albert Hall in conjunction with  Sumo . I was invited  by the London
sponsors, who turned out to be difficult, even to the JSA, so Dewanoumi
Rijicho organized the whole thing for me and was a tremendous help. I
don't expect that kind of support with the present JSA crew, but I was
planning on doing something...

I will try to contact an old friend of mine, the recently retired British
Ambassador to Japan to see what he can find out about all of this.

Any other leads?

Lynn

> can't recall it clearly but I seem to remember something odd there, first
> news originating in the UK as opposed to Japan? As I said though - not
> sure there.
>

> ?
>

> I do recall raising it (the whole trip to London) with?one JSA contact as
> we
> were chatting one day some time after, and it was (then) the first he had
> heard.
>

> ?
>

> Unfortunate as I was looking at working on that
> trip - a first for me and something I was looking forward to as I haven't
> been
> to the UK in quite long

CNN reported on the artist: “Few artists so completely dominate their
field that their name becomes synonymous with the subject matter, but Lynn
Matsuoka has succeeded in capturing the essence of Sumo and has won a
loyal following along the way”

Her artwork is in corporate and private collections around the world, in
the Morikami Museum collection, and was recently requested by the National
Sumo Museum in Tokyo .

Thank you for visiting our installation at the Hampton Classic this summer!

Web  sites :   http:// www.traditions.jp & www.hamptonsartist.com
Tel USA 808-479-5966   / NY studio 631-537-5237