[sumo] Bad news for the London koen

Lynn Matsuoka artist at aloha.net
Sun Dec 21 16:19:45 EST 2008

You are saying that the JSA announced the tour would take pace at Royal
Albert Hall ( where it took place in '91) but the HALL knew nothing about
it? Then to WHOM were the JSA people talking? OSUnds like their
intermediaries were pulling henka.

Lynn

> odd state of affairs surrounding London.
>
> The location (a place called The Royal Albert Hall in London) knew
> nothing of
> the event themselves after it had been announced as the site the action
> was
> supposed to be taking place.
>
> Months later, the Albert Hall still hadn't hear of it coming their way
> which
> begs the Q - was it ever really on the cards anyway?
>
> Hmmm...
>
> Bad for the folks in the UK / that area of Europe.

CNN reported on the artist: “Few artists so completely dominate their
field that their name becomes synonymous with the subject matter, but Lynn
Matsuoka has succeeded in capturing the essence of Sumo and has won a
loyal following along the way”

Her artwork is in corporate and private collections around the world, in
the Morikami Museum collection, and was recently requested by the National
Sumo Museum in Tokyo .

Thank you for visiting our installation at the Hampton Classic this summer!

Web  sites :   http:// www.traditions.jp & www.hamptonsartist.com
Tel USA 808-479-5966   / NY studio 631-537-5237