[sumo] Talks on sumo in Tokyo area

MBtatton at aol.com MBtatton at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 18:28:20 EST 2008

Any person in the

a. Central Tokyo

b. Kanagawa (Yokohama / Kawasaki)

area interested in giving a talk on sumo, history, role of individual
characters in the modern game, its place in modern Japanese society etc?

I am invited to do quite a few of these talks as part of the day job, but
have recently become a little bit too busy to accept all such invitations. To
that end, in case anyone else here is up for it, I can pass your own name on if
that happens in the future - me not being able to do.

They are paid of course - around 10-20,000 yen per 90 mins (private places
paying higher than the universities) which requires that anyone doing the talk
not only know sumo, but that they be a registered tax payer on a working visa /
better (spouse / permanent).

All talks are within the standard working day (9-6ish) and will likely
require one short meeting with those asking at least 2/3 / more weeks in advance.

Male or female doesn't matter, exact residency not important but the main
areas are Tokyo / Yokohama.

Anyway - let me know if interested by mail please.

MB