[sumo] Question somewhat related to death of rikishi

Philip Sherman philnorm at webtv.net
Sat Jun 30 09:54:09 EDT 2007

Mike,
Using body builders, power lifters, Olympic lifters, strongman competitors, is not a good comparison.
Why??? Well I hate to beat a dead horse, but the weight lifting world is famous for young and old dying from steroid abuse, which is known for causing heart attacks, cancer, and a host of other serious illnesses.
 Believe me. I have been a member of the weight lifting community for well over 40 years and am still lifting. It is a lifestyle that has and will remain with me for the rest of my life unless something happens beyond my control.
 I subscribe to a monthly publication which is well known for it's reputation as reporting both good and bad parts of the iron community.
 Hardly a month goes by when a report of people of all ages, but especially in their 20's and 30's are dying from steroid use.
 I have never and will never touch the stuff. My grandson is at the age where he wants to train and I will train him. Part of that training will include the terrible world of steroids and growth hormones.
 He will also not fool me if he tries it because there are a number of physical and mental changes that go a long with steroid use.
I wouldn't lead any one astray on this subject. It is real and it is a shame.
 Philafuji

PHIL