[sumo] Tokitsukaze beya rikishi dies

Jim jj at zolx.com
Fri Jun 29 15:20:03 EDT 2007

I was thinking the same thing.  The difference is that those kids weren't
beaten to death.

Many high school deaths like this occur due to heat related issues.  When
that happens the consequences for the schools, coaches, and training
staffs can be severe.  Coaches lose their jobs, sometimes there are
criminal charges, and most often all become targets of law suits in the
millions of dollars.  Or else they're due to a pre-existing medical
condition that weren't caught.