[sumo] Hawaii Koen Personal Observations, photos and videos

Doreen Simmons jz8d-smmn at asahi-net.or.jp
Wed Jun 27 09:45:58 EDT 2007

Nice one, Barbaraaa. You really get the atmosphere across. I'd have
liked to be there, but I was singing concerts in Tokyo at exactly the
same time.

I have a program brought back by a friend (plus the collectable pin),
and hope to find time to comment eventually on a rather iffy
production.  F'rinstance, why does the Japanese consul-general (if that
is what he is) think the (professional) Kyokai is the amateur Renmei
(Federation)? Couldn't somebody have told him in advance? I agree with
you that the advance publicity seems to have been rather patchy. It's a
pity. Before the Australia Koen they were really biting their fingers
to the quick until the guys actually arrived and started pumping up the
interest (especially Konishiki). In the case of Vancouver they had a
real pro in charge too, and advance publicity brought in a whole lot of
people who are still on the ml.

Doreen, after a rather busy day....