[OT - sort of] Re: [sumo] Iz Kamakawiwo'ole Sumo Song

Keri Sibley kerisib at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 12:05:29 EDT 2007

Wow!!! Thanks Katrina for the great link. and to the
list, I apologize for getting a little off-topic.

Having been born in Hawaii, (before it was a state I
might add) the Hawaiian Rikishi have always been my
favorites (along with Kaio). Although I don't live
there now, I am still able to go visit at least once a
year so I am very familiar with the music of IZ. In
fact, I'll be there in 2 weeks to visit my parents
that live in Kailua, just down the road from
Waimanalo.

Anyway that's not why I'm replying to this message.
The web site also has a link to a page where you can
learn how to play my favorite IZ song of all, "White
Sandy Beach" on the Ukelele. I can't wait to get my at
my Uke when I get home from work to try it out. The
guy that shows you how to play it does an adequete
enough version of the song, but to really hear IZ do
it is the best. For those of you on the list who are
new to the music of IZ, this is IZ at his best.
Beautiful song.

Hinerikeri