[sumo] SFM Issue 13

Lon Howard itsulon at wavecable.com
Sun Jun 24 12:39:47 EDT 2007

Sumo Fan Magazine is now live with it's 13th issue.  Here is the
banner reprinted from Sumo Forum.  Please enjoy!

Lon Howard
Shomishuu

We are pleased to announce a new edition of Sumo Fan Magazine.

It is as usual packed with goodies:

- An article on Sumo in Burundi shows us how Sumo can be much more
than a sport as it helps to rebuild this poor, war-torn nation.
- A new fun video feature, Morph Corner, shows you rikishi in a new
light.
- How much do you know about the history of the banzuke? Find out
more in our article delving into its secrets
- Learn more about Yokozuna Yoshibayama in the latest Rikishi of Old

This issue has a new look with articles presented as PDF documents -
feel free to register your comments on this or any other aspect of
the magazine by e-mailing us at editor at sumofanmag.com

We welcome Carolyn Todd as our new Editor. She takes the helm in
unfortunate circumstances due to Lon's ill health, but has presided
over this issue with consummate skill. We are glad to say that Lon
will not be leaving us altogether and will be continuing with his
regular contributions.

This issue wouldn't have been possible without the input from our
multinational team (based in at least 10 nations across 5 continents)
- special thanks are due to our translators.