[sumo] Takamifuji

Joe Petrow joepetrow at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:52:42 EDT 2007

On 6/22/07, Joe Kuroda <joe_kuroda at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Achim Pawelczyk <sumo at achimp.de> wrote:
>
> > the Hawaii-jungyo, he found letters from the
> > licensed loan sharks
> > addressed to Takamifuji.
>
> First I was going to say there was no such people as
> *licensed* loan sharks and they are consumers loan
> companies.
>
> Then I realized that you were absolutely right. They
> are *licensed* loan sharks charging up to 25% for
> easy-to-apply but hard to pay back loans to even
> hapless pachinko gamblers.

Having worked for a licensed loan shark, I can vouch for this, except
for the fact that they were actually charging up to 29.2% interest.
But the winds are finally changing, and soon they will be allowed to
charge no more than 20%.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/01/09/bloomberg/sxciti.php

P.S. Bonus points for those who put their imagination at work to
figure out which shark I worked for!

  - Peterao