[sumo] Musashigawa kanreki dohyo-iri

Joshua Maciel joshua.maciel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:32:30 EDT 2007

That's a lot of money. Assuming a shunin with a heya with 10 lower rankers:
849 * 12 + 7.7 * 35 + 60 * 12 * 10 + 100 * 10 * 3 + 85 * 10 * 3 + 35 * 12 *
10 (assuming the 'training costs' are per month, otherwise don't multiply
the preceeding figure by 10)

10188 + 269.5 + 7200 + 3000 + 2550 + 4200 = 27,407,500 yen/year

That's about $225,000 US dollars per year, and not even including supporter
fees, or a higher rank, or anything else. Certainly not shabby. Anyone know
how I can apply for one of these jobs?