[sumo] Musashigawa kanreki dohyo-iri

Achim Pawelczyk sumo at achimp.de
Mon Jun 18 11:06:01 EDT 2007

Maybe I can update the data on my Sumo income page (my site is down for
complete overhaul since end of May).
Any help with new data and facts is much appreciated.
Unfortunately I don't have notes about my sources for each of the facts
below.
As I understood my sources, the "Basho Bonus" listed below is paid for
the retired rikishi as well and for the highest rank reached, but I have
to search my books to be sure.

------------------------
Oyakata and Heya Income
(figures are thousand Yen)

Oyakata salaries (according to positions in the Sumo Kyokai)
1999: Riji: 1405, Kanji: 1232, I-in: 1001, Shunin: 849, Toshiyori: 784

<-- Musashigawa is a Riji -->

The last category are Oyakata, who are attached to one Heya and work
there, without other posts in the Kyokai hierarchy. Normally this is the
status immediately after retiring from active Sumo.
No information is available about a special allowance for the Riji-choo.

Daily and travel allowances for non Tokyo Basho are paid for 35 days,
according to rank.
1995: Riji: 11.5, Kanji: 10.2, I-in: 8.3, Shunin: 7.7

The Oyakata gets a Basho Bonus according to the rank of the Rikishi, he
has educated:
1995: Y: 300, O: 200, S: 100, M: 50, J: 30

To support them, for every Rikishi Makushita and below, the Oyakata gets
60 a month.

For the 3 Tokyo Basho, the Oyakata gets 100 a month per Rikishi, for the
3 regional Basho 85.
Training money: Makushita and below: 35, Sekitori: 45

Other payments from the Sumo Kyokai each Basho for each Sekitori and
lower rank Rikishi are decided by the Riji-kai and are not published.
Tanimachi payments also are a very important income source.

Akinomaki