[sumo] Musashigawa kanreki dohyo-iri

Achim Pawelczyk sumo at achimp.de
Mon Jun 18 05:56:09 EDT 2007

Joe Kuroda schrieb:
> --- Magnus Berg <magnus.rie at comhem.se> wrote:
>

>>Anybody know why Musashimaru didn't participate?
>>Having raised a
>>yokozuna, you'd think he'd want his prime deshi to
>>be up there?
>

> Actually I was thinking of a similar thing. When you
> think of two senior members of the heya with
> distingushed career, you automatically think of
> Musashimaru and Musoyama.
>
> I am sure both were there at the party but Musashigawa
> instead picked two currently active rikishi,
> Miyabiyama and Dejima.
>
> I just think he preferred to have active rikishi
> accompanying him, rather than retired ones.

That's how it appeared to me, too.
It looks more like a vivid oyakata that way.
With the giant Musashimaru by his side, Mienoumi would look less
impressive, don't you think ?

He must have a pretty high salary, with all the ozeki and the yokozuna
he raised adding to his oyakata basho bonus.

--
Akinomaki