[sumo] Injury

Barbara Ann Klein meikes at attglobal.net
Mon Jun 11 17:48:43 EDT 2007

He had injuries before the Natsu basho. While he never did (nor would)
acknowledge these publicly, he did allude to one of the problems in
Senshuraku talk as posted on the Sumo Forum here:

http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12523&hl=rikishi+talk

Asashoryu (10-5) losing to Hakuho by uwate-dashinage, 50.9 seconds
(Could not become the Wall he stated prior to the basho but never making his
left elbow and right shoulder injuries as an excuse)
"I wasn't moving at all. The first thing I need to do is to get myself
healed completely (rubbing his bandaged left elbow). I promised you I'd be
the wall. For that I need to apologize to you all I couldn't be that wall.
It seems once I got on the dohyo, I just turned into a regular guy."

Sumobaba