[sumo] Sumo in Movie Oceans 13

Ngozi Robinson ngozirobinson at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:30:51 EDT 2007

I was watching Oceans 13 yesterday (funnier than I had expected) when I
suddenly yelled out ³yobidashi² in a crowded theater as I saw the tell-tale
shoes as a dohyo was being swept on screen.  To my surprise they had about
30 seconds of sumo in the movie.  Later when watching the credits, my
suspicion was confirmed that the rikishi were none other than Akebono and
Musashimaru!  The USA Sumo confirms that they were involved in making this
scene happen.

What an unexpected pleasure.  I look forward to seeing more sumo snippets in
mainstream movies.

NTR:)