[sumo] Hon, behind the scenes

Lynn Matsuoka artist at aloha.net
Sun Jun 10 20:43:14 EDT 2007

The rikishi are staying in the Prince hotel, and the rooms are small-ish
for the most part, but light and airy, with ( the ones I have seen)  large
windows facing the yaht harbor and an expanse of beautiful blue water. A
really nice view to wake up to for them, so differnt from  Tokyo. Many of
the guys say it is wonderful being in Hawaii.

It is unfortunate for the rikishi and other personel that the person in
charge of scheduling mistakenly have them leaving on Monday morning, just
after having performed for 2 days. They were supposed to leave on Tuesday,
giving them an extra day to enjoy  being here.
The dressing room on Hakuho's side was unusually quiet and reserved, the
new Yokozuna totally focused doing everything right All those around him
just kept to themselves. While in Asashoryu's  dressing room, the guys
were having a raucus time in groups, laughing it up and being themselves
while the Tokoyama (hair dressers) worked on the Oichonmange.

It is unfortunate also that the promoters were not able to fill the
stadium- it was at least half empty the second day as well as the first. I
am sorry for the rikishi who have to be disappointed looking at so many
empty seats.

I have some interesting pictures from the last will that I will post on my
website in the next few days, for those  interested.

My assistant has blocked the obvious addresses from this list but basiclly
I dont read anythng any more but pertinent and intelligent info. If you
have something stupid to say about my sharing the above info, I will not
see it.

Lynn
the SUMO artist

Lynn Matsuoka , called the "DEGAS of Japanese Sumo and Kabuki", has also
won awards for her hula reportage paintings in Hawaii. Her Sumo artwork is
in collections around the world, as well as the Morikami Museum of Art.
Other action  clients include   Football,  Baseball and  International
horse shows.
Please contact the artist for  portrait, sports and corporate commissions.

Web  sites :   http:// www.traditions.jp & www.hamptonsartist.com

Tel USA 808-479-5966
In Tokyo 080-3278-0780