[sumo] NHK TV in the DC area

Jimbit2 at comcast.net Jimbit2 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 16:35:43 EDT 2007

I just found this news release from the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  If you get MHZ on one of these cable services, you will soon have access to NHK. It doesn't say whether it will be a premium channel that will cost extra though. But my past experience with MHZ leads me to believe that it won't. MHZ operates like PBS stations and does periodic begging for donations, although they call it "membership drive" much like PBS. I lost access to MHZ when they went to all digital last year while I continue to get analog cable service. Call me cheap.

 “NHK World TV” will be aired 24 hours a day from July 1 in Washington, D.C., and the surrounding areas by MHz NETWORKS’ terrestrial digital waves. It will also be retransmitted successively by four cable companies of the region (Comcast, Cox, RCN and Verizon). In this way about 1.3 million households will be able to view the program in and around Washington, D.C.

Jim
 Chitose-Taikai