[sumo] Dohyo

Philip Sherman philnorm at webtv.net
Thu Jun 7 11:55:00 EDT 2007

Jeff,
 I had forgotten how difficult the work is in building the Dohyo.
 I had a tape years ago that covered the exhibition put on in Sao Palo Brazil. That was when Chiyonofuji, Kirishima, Konishiki
just to name a few, were on that trip.
 The first part of the tape showed the Doyo being built and all of the work and materials that it took to build it right. I remember they had to go look for the proper soil for the Dohyo. I can't remember where they found it.
 Thanks for bringing those memories back.
I sure wish I still had that tape.
Philafuji

PHIL