[sumo] LA Jungyo

Moti sumo1 at dichne.com
Wed Jun 6 06:35:46 EDT 2007

The Kyokai announced plans for an LA Jungyo next June. A scouting team
was sent at the end of last month to make preliminary arrangements.
"There are close to 300,000 people of Japanese origin in Los-Angeles. We
want to make them proud. That is our main purpose!!", said Takadagawa
Oyakata, deputy head of Jungyo affairs. Jungyos have been held in LA 4
times between 1952 and 1981, and it will be the first one in 27 years.
Some posters with all the details will be in Japanese, and mawashi will
be sent to a Japanese elementary school so that the kids there could
interact with the rikishi when they arrive. "We still need Rijicho's
approval as well as the rijikai's, and we have yet to create a final
schedule, but when we plan to go to places with a large Japanese
population, these are small barriers to cross.. I really want this to
happen", summed up Takadagawa Oyakata.
--
Kintamayama
Download my Sumo  toolbar at http://dichne.ourtoolbar.com/