[sumo] Ama

O'Flaherty, Brian brian.o'flaherty at banctec.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 08:22:38 EDT 2007

>> So, has Ama reached his peak?  Or has he surpassed it and will he
>> shortly tumble back into the meatgrinder?

>> I infer that he exercises a personal commitment which exceeds even that
of his fellow rikishi..

>I think he possesses enough "spirit" to compensate his small stature,
>similar to Terao.

Ama may currently be light (40th out of 41 in natsu makuuchi), but he is
certainly not small.  At just over 6 foot 1 inch (16th out of 41 in natsu
makuuchi) he has the height and if he can add weight to it without
compromising too much speed then he still has plenty of time to make ozeki.

You can gain weight, you can't decide to gain height, so the raw materials
are there ...

I would however agree that "he exercises a personal commitment which exceeds
even that of his fellow rikishi" and I admit I do expect a big MK from him
each time, which just doesn't happen, to his credit.

$$
BancTec Ltd
Reg Office: Jarman House, Mathisen Way, Poyle Road, Colnbrook, Berkshire SL3 0HF. Incorporated in England & Wales - 1283512. VAT GB 228 4783 38.