[sumo] [Off-topic] SML vs. SumoForum

John Racine gaijira at ace.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Jun 5 08:10:59 EDT 2007

> (Note: Not cross posted on SumoForum so please stop
this silliness about which is superior or has more
experts).

I never said that either one was superior.  I don't have any feelings about
it either way.  My assertion that there are "more experts" on the Forum than
on the SML may, however, be "silly", so let me rephrase...

I really can't be sure of the "number of experts" subscribed to either
medium, but I suspect that the most fanatical and knowledgeable subscribe to
both.  So the actual numbers are probably about the same.

I'm new to the Forum, but from what I've seen so far, I can say that the
posts I've read there received more "expert responses" than do posts here
(at least in recent years).  That is, posts on the Forum are met with
factual responses VERY quickly.  Those are followed up by others' posts
either taking issue with the facts or offering opinions about the facts,
based on their knowledge.

I think the depth of detail and the number of people who choose to respond
is greater on the Forum.

Like I said, I'm new there, but that's the way it looks to me.

John Racine