[sumo] Yokozuna Demotions

Emmett Wayne emmett.wayne at us.army.mil
Sat Jun 2 08:59:28 EDT 2007

Rowan,

Thanks for pointing me to the articles.  They only point to the changing of
the demotion rules for Yokozuna.  After the tournament, there is no further
mention of approving the change, nor is anything ever mentioned about any
actual 'demotion'.  It is as if the entire thing just disappeared.

And I felt bad for Chiyonoyama, who won back to back tournaments (I know,
that standard wasn't in effect in 1950), but still had to wait another year
to be promoted to Yokozuna.

Emmett
Torideyama