[sumo] Meta-Question: Why SML?

Moti sumo1 at dichne.com
Sat Jun 2 02:40:57 EDT 2007

> Actually, I think you're more likely to get "jumped" on the SumoForum.
> I haven't found it to be very newbie friendly at all.  Any
> pro-SumoForum person who jumps on all the flames here with a
> holier-than-thou attitude is, IMHO, really the pot calling the kettle
> black.
>
>  - Peterao

When you make "outrageous" declararions (Asa's 100 yushos, for an
example..) you're likely to get "jumped on"  in the supermarket as well.
You're a "colorful" guy, sometimes a borderline instigating provocateur
(I mean that in a "good" way) so you are a "jump on" magnet. You get
"jumped on" on the ML quite often as well, IIRC.
Still, I saw you post many times on the forum and don't recall any
serious "jumping" being done on you.
As for the flame wars here, I checked the posters and didn't really see
many "holier than thous" there either.
We are more the pot calling the kettle old, and pointing you,
(additionally to your kettle) to an electric hot water pot with all its
cool functions (keep warm, boil, flame, do not put in eater while
connected to socket, etc.)

Additionally,
Kintamayama