[sumo] Hi Hu Mi

Sumobaba sumobab at attglobal.net
Fri Jun 1 21:18:46 EDT 2007

Both the former Asanosho and Asanowaka, and one other retiree who is now a
manager, and whose name does not readily come to mind, participate in the
making of Asashoryu's tsuna, but the "hi-hu-mi" leader has been Jinmaku
Oyakata from Hakkaku-beya each time I've been there. I did put up a video,
in six segments, of the process from a viewer's standpoint- not on the dohyo
- and the "counting" is mostly on these:

http://sumobaba.vox.com/library/video/6a00d4141b9ca03c7f00d41438bf1e3c7f.htm

http://sumobaba.vox.com/library/video/6a00d4141b9ca03c7f00cd972ab68b4cd5.htm

Of course, they are not nearly as good as the pro TV video.

Sumobaba

See my blog at www.sumobaba.vox.com