[sumo] Meta-Question: Why SML?

Jeanne Hedge jhedge at rcn.com
Fri Jun 1 15:54:55 EDT 2007

At 01:35 PM 6/1/07, Achim Pawelczyk wrote:
>Maybe if I looked around the Forum for a while, as Moti lives there,
>I might find some signs of an atmosphere as friendly as ours on the
>ML used to be - but so far I found nothing motivating me to do that yet.

One word about "atmosphere" and the Sumo Forum - posters there are
just as likely to get jumped on and/or flamed as they are on this
list. Doesn't matter if the post that starts the fire is innocent and
rubs someone the wrong way, doesn't matter how long someone's been
posting either. Some people post there (I like the beya website/blog
translations), some people post here, some people post both places,
some people pretty much lurk. Of course, that sort of thing happens
everywhere on the net.

My personal feeling about the Forum is that if I put one foot out of
line I'm going to get jumped on with both feet by somebody. It hasn't
happened to me often, but it has happened, to me and to other people.
I don't get that vibe on the list.  Obviously, YMMV.

Regards,
Jeanne Hedge