[sumo] Meta-Question: Why SML?

Joe Kuroda joe_kuroda at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 13:51:27 EDT 2007

--- Moti <sumo1 at dichne.com> wrote:

> There is a function- View new posts,where you can
> see any topic you
> haven't read yet, and decide which one interests
> you. It's really not
> that intimidating.

I tried not getting into this thread as I do my stint
there as a "not so active" moderator while Moti was
one time a super former moderator but I'd like to add
those who may be curious to give it a try.

I am to trying to take away anyone from anyother place
whether it's the mailing list or SumoTalk or whatever
as everything in life has its own place. We can all
co-exist peacefully.

As for SumoForum, you don't need to become the member
to view what's going on but you do only if you'd like
to write a new topic or response.

Just try to go over to its front page at
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/ and scroll down to
the bottom where you find Board Statistics. Under it
there is "Today's active topics", click it and you
will see currently active topics sorted with the most
recent on the top.

You will see column headings with Topic Title, Forum,
Topic Starter, Replies, Views and Last Action.

Topic is a thread titled initiated by Topic Starter.
Forum is sub-forum name such as Ozumo Discussions or
Off-topic or whatever. Replies show how many replies
that the topic generated and Views show the number of
times the topic has been seen.  Last action shows the
time and date in whatever time zone you set it up for
yourself if you are a member or UTC if you have not
signed in or not set up the time zone.

Just like any other web page, you can click anything
with underline to hyperlink.

For sumo fans it has some useful hyperlinks on the top
of the front page as well handy calendar of events
generally set up by Moti.

If you become a member then you can send a private
mail to another member.

One thing more, it is loosely moderated.

.....Jonosuke
  <  Heart  Technique  Physique      &#24515;&#12288;&#25216;&#12288;&#20307;&#12288;>