[sumo] Meta-Question: Why SML?

Achim Pawelczyk sumo at achimp.de
Fri Jun 1 13:35:16 EDT 2007

Every time I look at it, the size of a page annoys me: e. g. 100k for
maybe 2k content I would need for it on the ML.
I made an estimate about the effort I would need to put it in my batch
plus add a filter to strap the page of everything I don't want to see
and save till I have that 2k. Unless the SML dies down completely, I
have no incentive to do that. Also my bandwidth of about 64Kbit/sec is
used the whole day at about 90% already.
And deleting those pages afterwards from my system which I don't want to
keep is much more tedious as well.

My batch is largely composed of Japanese newspaper pages - but only of
those from which I easily can strap ads, menus and superfluous code and
which I want to keep.

Maybe if I looked around the Forum for a while, as Moti lives there, I
might find some signs of an atmosphere as friendly as ours on the ML
used to be - but so far I found nothing motivating me to do that yet.

--
Akinomaki