[sumo] Meta-Question: Why SML?

Achim Pawelczyk sumo at achimp.de
Fri Jun 1 10:46:16 EDT 2007

For once, I like the e-mail format - it suits me best, for posting and
reading and for filtering. I likewise usually don't surf on the net,
except if I take a first look at a new site.
Or when the time again arrives for one of the sites from which I batch
download regularly to completely change its format and I have to adapt
my filters.
I never use chat either.

The SumoForum does not offer a format which suits my taste: a single
screen strapped of everything except the one new text I want to read
(That's why I don't like top quoting).

I'm on this list to increase my fun as a sumo fan - since I first
subscribed to it 11 years ago I always liked the atmosphere.
No other list I am or was on can be compared to it - and unless the
SumoForum kills the list by draining it of members and content, any kind
of crisis by flames or whatever is a temporary one.

A while ago Doreen explained her view of the SumoForum - it was exactly
like my feelings on the subject.

--
Akinomaki