[sumo] Meta-Question: Why SML?

Christopher Long cslong at garlandisd.net
Fri Jun 1 10:11:44 EDT 2007

The reason I'm here is partly the same as Joe said below. I've been a fan of sumo ever since Akebono came up. I used to play in the hoshitori game and the GISP but now I mostly concentrate on Benchsumo which is a fun way to follow the bashos. The list is real helpful in picking up tips for the games and just learning about sumo and Japan in general without the effort a forum would take to keep up with.

The second reason I like the list is that up until this month, people have been really nice and very civil. I really wouldn't mind going to see a sumo art show if I could get to Hawaii. Of course, as a simple school teacher there's no way I could afford any of Lynn's stuff, but I think it'd be fun to go see it.

Chris "Hitotsuboshi" Long

On 6/1/07, John Racine <gaijira at ace.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, I've been a member for over eight years, and I've valued
> all the input I've received here.  I guess I'm really asking the true
> believers of the SML to tell me why they keep on keepin' on.

Nowadays I rarely have time to go surfing around the net for things.
Having all things worth following easily accessable in my GMail
account is a great convenience.

The way I see it, SumoForum is for sumo maniacs.  The Sumo ML is for
people who just want to keep in touch with what is happening in the
world of sumo...and to perhaps learn where Lynn Matsuoka's next art
sale will be taking place.

  - Peterao