[sumo] Meta-Question: Why SML?

John Racine gaijira at ace.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Jun 1 09:23:17 EDT 2007

The following question occurred to me, while I was reading Neil's post (of
many interesting questions):

What is good about the Sumo Mailing List?

The recent flame wars drove me to sign on to the Sumo Forum, and I'm glad I
did!  (I think if you asked these questions over there, Neil, half of them
would be answered by now.)  The depth of knowledge over there is very
impressive.

What I've always liked about this list are precisely those knowledgeable
posts from people like Joe Kuroda, Doreen, Moti, etc.  The irony is that
almost anything that is worth reading here is cross-posted there anyway.
Joe and Moti are both regular contributors there.

With the exception of Doreen's posts and Kintaro's Musings, I'm not sure I'd
be missing anything (except some really excellent flaming) if I were to
unsubscribe at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I've been a member for over eight years, and I've valued
all the input I've received here.  I guess I'm really asking the true
believers of the SML to tell me why they keep on keepin' on.

Thanks

John Racine