[sumo] Hawaii Jungyo??

Ben Howell bahowell at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 07:44:33 EDT 2007

For Gosh sake's, Lynn!

Sumobaba was apparently chiming in to say that she would be coming (with a
friend; does it really matter who?), in response to Katrina's post that she
and her sister would be coming "form" Oz. Sumobaba's posting is entirely
consistent with the subject "Hawaii Jungyo." OTOH, LM followed the post
below with a solicitation inviting members of the list to come and see/buy
her art. That certainly seems to be the kind of post that qualifies for the
same disclaimer ("Sales") that John Gunning  was encouraged by other list
members to adopt re: sumo items he lists on EBay for sale. Mr. Gunning has
consistently followed the rules; when he is selling, he includes the word
"Sales" in his emails to the list. When he is posting for the sake of
replying to another's message, or merely contributing his own take on the
subject under discussion, he manages to follow the appropriate list
protocol, whatever it happens to be.

I'm sorry, Lynn. As much as I have admired the artwork you contributed to
Lorna Sharnoff's book, Grand Sumo, a tome I would recommend to all on this
list, I think you're out of line here. Let go of it, take a chill pill,
whatever. Worst case, if you really have an axe to grind with Sumobaba,
please take it off line and deal directly with her.

Ben Howell
Hilo, Hawaii